Court remands Ekiti APC aspirant Abimbola Olajumoke for one month

Phenomenal
Phenomenal

A Magistrate Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti has remanded disqualified All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship aspirant in Ekiti State, Abimbola Olajumoke, in prison custody for one month over allegations of defamation, cyberbullying and kidnapping.

The case was instituted against Olajumoke by the Chief Executive Officer of YSJ Agro-Allied Limited, Yemisi Joluwe.

Chief Magistrate Abayin Adeosun had earlier granted Olajumoke bail but revoked it after she failed to appear in court at the next adjourned sitting. She was subsequently arrested and detained.

The court adjourned the case until September 15, 2026.

Joluwe said she approached the court to seek justice over what she described as false statements that damaged her reputation and affected some members of her staff.

“At YSJ Farms, we have always welcomed constructive feedback and public scrutiny. However, there is a clear distinction between a genuine complaint and a deliberate, malicious attempt to destroy a company’s hard-earned reputation,” she said.

She alleged that Olajumoke’s statements were “blatantly false” and intended to damage the company’s corporate integrity.

Joluwe said the company remained focused on agriculture, food production and youth empowerment in Ekiti State despite the legal action.

On allegations concerning kidnapping and the murder of a staff member at the farm, she said security agencies were investigating Olajumoke’s alleged involvement.

“Security agencies are investigating the alleged involvement of Abimbola Olajumoke in the kidnapping and murder of our staff. We are determined to follow the process to a logical conclusion,” she said.

Joluwe added that the safety of workers remained the company’s top priority, noting that YSJ Farms works with security agencies and the Ekiti State Government to maintain security across its farm clusters.

Share this Article