– Rema revealed that he has not returned to school since gaining admission to the University of Lagos due to the statewide strike action.
– Nigerian singer, Divine Ikubor, popularly known as Rema has lamented over the lingering Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU strike.
– ASUU embarked on a one-month warning strike on February 14th and extended it by another two months, over the alleged failure of the government to fulfil its agreements.
– Students have been at home since then waiting for the strike to be called off.
– Rema who had earlier disclosed he got admission to study at the University of Lagos, UNILAG, on Monday urged ASUU to call off the strike.
– However, months after sharing the joyful news, he decried how he is still waiting to join his peers in school but cannot do so.
– In a post on his verified Twitter page on Monday, April 18, Rema appealed to ASUU to reconsider ending the strike.
– ”ASUU, since dem give me admission I neva start school o, e don do nau! 😖”, he wrote.
ASUU, since dem give me admission I neva start school o, e don do nau! 😖
— REMA (@heisrema) April 18, 2022