– Bayern Munich have left Sadio Mane out of their squad for Saturday’s league match against Hoffenham amid reports he punched team-mate Leroy Sane.
– Reports in Germany alleged Mane hit Sane in the face following Tuesday’s 3-0 Champions League defeat by Manchester City at Etihad Stadium.
– The pair reportedly had to be separated by team-mates after the altercation.
– Bayern said Senegal forward Mane has been dropped because of “misconduct” and confirmed he will also be fined.
Sadio Mané will not be part of the matchday squad against TSG Hoffenheim this weekend.
— FC Bayern Munich (@FCBayernEN) April 13, 2023
– Bild said former Liverpool player Mane, a two-time African footballer of the year, had complained about the way Germany winger Sane spoke to him after the defeat.
– After flying back to Germany Mane was picked up privately at the airport while Sane got the team bus.
– Neither Mane nor Sane have yet to comment on the alleged altercation.
– Bayern host City in their quarter-final second leg next Wednesday.