– Borussia Dortmund crushed Hertha Berlin 4-1 on Sunday with a goal and an assist from Karim Adeyemi to join leaders Bayern Munich at the top of the Bundesliga and stretch their winning run in the league to six consecutive matches this year.
– Germany international Adeyemi put the hosts ahead with a superb backheel flick from a Marco Reus assist in the 27th minute before turning provider to feed Donyell Malen at the far post for their second goal four minutes later.
– Adeyemi then had to be taken off after pulling a thigh muscle while setting up their second goal.
Also Read: Mönchengladbach beat Bayern to blow title race wide open
– The visitors cut the deficit one minute after the restart through Lucas Tousart but Dortmund were brutally efficient and scored their four goals with a mere five shots on target.
– A sensational Reus free kick into the top corner in the 76th restored order for Dortmund before Julian Brandt netted their fourth in the final minute.
– Fresh from their 1-0 Champions League round-of-16 first-leg win over Chelsea in midweek, Dortmund have now won all six league matches this year and are on 43 points, second on goal difference to Bayern and ahead of Union Berlin, who also have 43 following their goalless draw against Schalke
3 points at home! 😁 pic.twitter.com/QCzczptlMC
— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) February 19, 2023