– Ghana striker Osman Bukari says he did not disrespect Cristiano Ronaldo when he copied the Portugal star’s goal celebration after scoring against them in their World Cup Group H match on Thursday.
– Substitute Bukari pulled a goal back to make it 3-2 in the 89th minute before running towards a corner flag and recreating Ronaldo’s famous ‘Siu’ pose.
– The former Manchester United forward had given Portugal the lead with a milestone goal at Stadium 974 in Doha but had been substituted by the time Bukari headed in from six yards.
- Advertisement -
– “I have noticed my celebration has generated comments claiming I was disrespectful towards Ronaldo,” the 23-year-old posted on Twitter.
– “This is incorrect. I was overcome by the emotion of the moment of scoring for my country on my World Cup debut leading to my celebration.
– “My upbringing doesn’t permit me to be disrespectful to elders let alone one of my idols.”
to be disrespectful to elders let alone one of my idols.
Thanks for your support and we focus on our next game!🇬🇭🇬🇭
— Osman Bukari (@OsmanBukari9) November 24, 2022
– The 2016 European champions managed to close out the win, leaving Ghana bottom of the group following the opening round of games after Uruguay and South Korea drew 0-0 earlier on Thursday.