– Karim Benzema missed a late penalty as Real Madrid dropped points for the first time this season when they were held by 10-man Osasuna at the Bernabeu.
– Benzema smashed his spot-kick against the crossbar in the 80th minute as Real failed to continue their winning start to the defence of their title.
– Vinicius Junior gave the hosts the lead before Kike Garcia equalised.
- Advertisement -
– Osasuna were reduced to 10 men when David Garcia was sent off for a foul on Benzema which led to the penalty.
– Garcia was sent off after a VAR review for a push on the France striker as he was the last defender, but Benzema could not capitalise.
– He had the ball in the net moments later, but was adjudged to be marginally offside as Osasuna claimed a point at the Bernabeu for the second time in as many seasons.
— Real Madrid C.F. 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@realmadriden) October 2, 2022
– Madrid are level on points with rivals Barcelona but remain top of the La Liga table on goal difference.
— LaLiga English (@LaLigaEN) October 2, 2022