– Liverpool maintained their 100% record in the Champions League this season by seeing off Porto at Anfield.
– Jurgen Klopp’s men, who had already secured top spot in Group B and a place in the knockout stages after winning their first four games, picked up another three points against the Portuguese side.
– The Reds were not at their best in the first half and although hardly at full tilt in the second either, they scored two lovely goals to clinch another victory.
– Spain midfielder Thiago drilled in a stunning, long-range finish, cutting across the ball to produce a rasping a 25-yard strike that nestled in the bottom corner.
– Egypt forward Mohamed Salah cut in from the right and jinked his way past a visiting defender before smashing home at the near post.
– Porto were punished for missing a glorious chance after 11 minutes when Otavio inexplicably side-footed wide from eight yards out with an empty goal to aim at.
– Liverpool hammered Porto 5-1 in the reverse fixture in Portugal and could have handed out another similarly emphatic victory but Sadio Mane’s cool finish was ruled out by VAR for offside, as was Takumi Minamino’s volley from close range.