– Award-winning rapper, Olamide, has revisited his upbringing, which was far from being royal.
– Olamide revealed in a recent interview with The Guardian UK that growing up in a slum in Lagos State’s Bariga axis inspired him to work hard.
– Sharing more light on what life in the ghetto feels like, he described the ghetto life as essentially the same all across the world.
– “Surviving was hard. Bariga was not far from the other slums you see across the world, from Mumbai to New York and London – life in the ghetto is almost always the same everywhere” He said.
– “There were days when being able to afford three square meals was a big deal for my family. All of that motivated me to hustle hard – I wanted to see the whole world and experience different cultures from what I grew up seeing.”