Former Super Eagle midfielder, Mikel Obi, has promised to inspire after appointment as Youth Ambassador
– The midfielder is aiming at helping upcoming players from all disciplines in his new role.
– The 34-year-old Stoke City midfielder was confirmed on Friday evening at the National Stadium in Lagos and he has stated he will also be helping athletes in other disciplines to excel.
– “I feel highly honoured to be appointed as Youth Ambassador of this country, it is a great feeling,” Mikel said as quoted by Daily Post.
– “I am happy with this partnership and I promise to do my best to encourage and inspire the youth towards national development, not just in football but in other sports like basketball, boxing, among others.”
– Recently, the midfielder revealed his desire to work with the governor of Kogi state Yahaya Bello for the betterment of Nigerians.
– The experienced player had paid a courtesy visit to the governor on Sunday and praised his contribution to the progress of Kogi State.
– Mikel also promised to support Bello in his future political endeavours and help foster youth development.
– “It is an honour for me to finally meet his Excellency personally after all the good things I have heard and read about him from not just the people of Kogi State but from Nigerians,” Mikel said.
– “My main aim is to come here to show my appreciation and to thank him for all the things he has been doing for the people and also to support him in whatever future political positions he wants to go into.”