– Thomas Muller has warned Germany against becoming arrogant after their thrilling Euro 2020 win over Portugal.
– The Bayern Munich forward was pleased with their performance against the defending champions but still sees plenty of room for improvement.
– Germany laid down a marker by beating the 2016 winners 4-2 at Allianz Arena on Saturday, throwing Group F wide open.
– Joachim Low’s side bounced back from a 1-0 loss to France in their opening game by seeing off Portugal in impressive fashion, but Muller says they cannot afford to get carried away.
– Muller told reporters after the game: “We had a lot of good aspects, but also a lot of things that we still have to improve. That can cost points in the end.
– “Now we have three points, now we’re good at it tournament and we have it in our own hands. Now we mustn’t overdo it or become arrogant – but we can believe in our quality. We can feel a little excitement.”
– France are top of Group F on four points as it stands, despite having been held to a 1-1 draw by Hungary in their second fixture.
– Les Bleus will be through to the round of 16 if they pick up at least a point from their final game against Portugal, while Germany will now fancy their chances of winning the pool as they come up against Hungary.