I’m sorry – John Ogu, over statement on EndSARS protest

Ogu

Super Eagles player, John has apologised for asking he and his teammates to boycott AFCON.

He had earlier called for the boycott following the shooting of harmless protesters in Lekki, Lagos, on October 20.

He, however, in a statement late Wednesday, apologised for the declaration, saying itwas said in anger.

He said, “What is the point in representing the country if this is what the politicians, the people we’re representing, can do to us? I feel like this is the best thing to do right now until they get back to their senses and listen to us. We want a good government, the police brutality to stop, we want the SARS to stop, we want the killings to stop, we want good laws, we want job opportunities. It’s just crazy.

I believe most of my colleagues understand where I am coming from, I wish we can do this. There are games coming up and if we boycott these games I’m sure they will know we’ve made a statement.

I haven’t really spoken to any of my team-mates about this. They feel for the people here, their loved ones, those that have died. I’m sure the players are aware.”

Nigerians in South Africa to march in solidarity with youths on #EndSARS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here