Bernardo Silva officially unveiled as Real Madrid player

Phenomenal
Phenomenal

Footballer Bernardo Silva was officially presented as a Real Madrid player on Wednesday, more than a month after the club announced his signing.

The 32-year-old appeared alongside club president Florentino Pérez, honorary president Pirri and members of his family during the presentation. The Portuguese midfielder has signed a contract with the Spanish club until 2028.

Bernardo, who has already trained with his new teammates and featured in preseason, said playing for Real Madrid had been a childhood dream.

“Since I was little, when you don’t know if you’re going to be a player, your dream is to play for Real Madrid. I’m very happy to be here,” he said.

The former Manchester City midfielder said seeing Real Madrid’s 15 Champions League trophies as a player was particularly special.

“I’ve played here several times already, and seeing the 15 Champions League trophies is always impressive, but seeing them here as a player is even more special. Playing for a club like this isn’t for everyone.”

Bernardo also expressed his determination to help the club win more trophies.

“I’m very happy to be here and to soon be playing at the Bernabéu and meeting the fans. Now it’s time to work hard to keep winning titles, which is what this club is used to.”

He has already featured in three preseason matches, recording 192 minutes, and made his competitive debut in Real Madrid’s 2-1 victory over Ferencváros.

Bernardo joined Real Madrid after nine seasons at Manchester City, where he made 460 appearances, scoring 76 goals and providing 77 assists. He won six Premier League titles and the 2022-23 Champions League during his time with the English club.

Share this Article