Minister of State for Youths Development, Ayodele Olawande, assured protesters who gathered at the Eagle Square on Thursday that he was not there to fight them.
He said this as they initially shouted him down, preventing them from addressing him.
When he, however, gained their audience, he assured them that he had nothing against the gathering, describing himself as a comrade who has attended between a hundred and five hundred protests.
“I’m not here to fight you, I’m not here to ask you not to protest, it is your right. Like I said, I’ve been to over 100-500 protests,” he said.
The minister also assured that he would address the police regarding the shooting of canisters against the protesters.
Meanwhile, protesters have insisted they would not join the others at the Moshood Abiola National Stadium, noting that a few days ago, a parallel protest had been held without interference by the police.