Gumi on invitation by DSS: ‘There is no cause for alarm’

Phenomenal
Phenomenal
Insecurity: The bandits were forced into criminality - Sheikh Gumi
Sheikh Gumi

Controversial critic, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has said that there is no cause for alarm over the invitation he got from security operatives concerning his utterances on banditry.

He had said that the alleged financiers identified by the Federal Government were not the real one, while he always preaches negotiation with the criminals.

Reacting to the ‘invitation’ in a post on Tuesday, he said: “Last night, I got many frantic calls from well-wishers and journalists about a news item that I was interviewed by security. There is absolutely no cause for alarm.

“Yes, we had a productive interaction on how to curb banditry as we are all trying – each in his own sphere – to tackle the monster bedevilling the nation. There was no animosity but courtesy and full of respect.

“We all need as a nation to unite and work in synergy to achieve an everlasting peace. I thank you for your concern. May Allah continue to protect us all from all evil.”

Gumi had previously negotiated on behalf of state governments to free abducted persons.

Last week, the Federal Government named his associate, Tukur Mamu, among persons linked with terrorism financing.

In his response, Gumi condemned the list saying only a court of competent jurisdiction can so tag his associates and others who appeared on the list as terrorism financiers.

 

TAGGED: ,
Share this Article