As ‘The Punch’ reports, he said the ruling house had been dazed with the rumours that one Ghandi Afolabi, a pastor with the RCCG, had been selected.

“We did not select Ghandi and he is not among the 11 that the screening committee selected from 23 applicants. We do not want the matter to degenerate to the level of litigation. We scheduled a meeting on February 23 and invited the council to observe, but the council hijacked the process from us and added another seven persons on the claims that the seven persons equally obtained the Expression of Interest form, thereby raising the number of the applicants to 18.”

But in a statement by the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, Olusegun Olayiwola, in Ibadan, the state capital, on Saturday, said the announcement followed the long-drawn processes specified under the law.

Olayiwola said, “His Excellency congratulates the new Soun-elect on his ascension to the throne of his forebears.

The commissioner said the exalted position had placed the monarch-elect in the position to facilitate harmony, understanding, and tolerance amongst his people.

He also urged all sons and daughters of the ancient city of Ogbomoso to work with the monarch to consolidate the successes of his forefathers.