– A late James Ward-Prowse penalty earned Southampton a deserved point in a thrilling encounter as they came from behind against Tottenham at St Mary’s.
– A fragmented first half never really got going as both sides were forced into two substitutions apiece with Richarlison and Ben Davies coming off injured for Spurs and Saints’ Armel Bella-Kotchap and Jan Bednarek also replaced.
– Pedro Porro broke the deadlock, hammering a shot into the roof of the net just before half time.
Also Read: Richarlison hits out at Conte as Tottenham suffer Champions League exit
– Che Adams levelled 47 seconds into the second half, but Saints were staring at defeat with 15 minutes to go thanks to Harry Kane’s header before a fine Ivan Perisic effort.
– But Theo Walcott inspired Southampton’s comeback with a slotted finish from Sekou Mara’s header and Ward-Prowse completed it from the spot to secure a vital point.
FULL-TIME Southampton 3-3 Spurs
A back-and-forth encounter sees Southampton save a point late on#SOUTOT pic.twitter.com/sCR5hsjAB5
— Premier League (@premierleague) March 18, 2023