– Manchester United have completed the loan signing of Austrian midfielder Marcel Sabitzer from Bayern Munich.
Welcome to United, Marcel Sabitzer 👊#MUFC
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) February 1, 2023
– The 28-year-old Austrian midfielder joins Erik ten Hag’s squad until the end of the season following Christian Eriksen’s long-term injury and a short-term problem for Scott McTominay.
– Sabitzer has made 54 appearances for Bayern since arriving from RB Leipzig in 2021 for a fee of €16 million. He has a contract at Bayern until 2025 but sources have told that he is set to leave the club permanently in the summer.
Also Read: Man United agree personal terms with Sabitzer ahead of loan move
– “Sometimes in life you have to make quick and important decisions,” Sabitzer said.
– “From the moment I heard about this opportunity I knew it was right for me. I am a competitive player; I want to win and help the club achieve its aims this season,” he added.
– “I feel that I am at my peak as a player, and that I can contribute a lot of experience and energy to the squad.
– “I’m excited to start with my new team-mates and manager and to show my qualities to Manchester United fans.”
Official, completed. Marcel Sabitzer joins Manchester United on loan from Bayern 🚨🔴 #MUFC
Sabitzer: “I feel that I am at my peak as a player, and that I can contribute a lot of experience and energy to the squad. I am excited to start with my new team-mates and manager”. pic.twitter.com/wItg8idgH1
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) February 1, 2023