– Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana has retired from international football after falling out with head coach Rigobert Song at the World Cup.
– Song said Onana had asked not to play in Cameroon’s second group match against Serbia.
– He was suspended from the national team and did not feature again, flying out of Qatar.
Also Read: Onana responds to suspension by Cameroonian FA as he leaves Qatar
– The 26-year-old said on Friday his “story with the Cameroonian national team has come to an end”.
– The Inter Milan player added: “Players come and go, names are fleeting, but Cameroon comes before any player or person.
– “Cameroon remains eternal, as does my love for the national team and for our people, who have always supported us no matter how difficult the moment was.”
— Andre Onana (@AndreyOnana) December 23, 2022
– Onana made his debut in 2016 and went on to win 34 caps.
– Cameroon exited the 2022 World Cup in the group stage with Brazil and Switzerland progressing to the knockout rounds.