Elijah Adebero and Mueez Ajao
Or is it music that unleashed politics on the state that prides itself as that of Living Springs?
The drama saw to reigning artistes – Davido and Portable – perform for two leading candidates.
While Davido joined his uncle and the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate, Ademola Adeleke, to campaign, Portable performed for Oyetola.
Also Read: Davido to APC: Osun is not Ekiti
The shows sparked the usual controversies, especially with Portable taunting the crowd with his razzmatazz that includes weird costuming.
But to the politicians, it was not a dressing competition.
It is about how many PVCs the musicians can win.
Indeed, the winner between the musicians will eventually be who carries the day at the poll.
– Meanwhile, while Portable too was practically mobbed by fans, Davido was greeted by a large crowd who came out to greet him as he arrived in style in his homeland.
– The musician is seen in a video on the streets urging voters to choose his uncle surrounded by a crowd, shouting “OBO”.
– A video also showed the singer warmly embracing his uncle as he assured him the weekend election is a fight to the finish.
– Also arriving in Osun State to support the PDP’s nominee for governor, Ademola Adeleke, in the election on Saturday are governors who were elected on its platform.
– Some of of them were Governors Douye Diri of Bayelsa State, Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State, and Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta, who is also the vice presidential candidate of the party.
– Also, present at the PDP’s Grand Rally on Thursday are former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and including Vice Chairman South-West, Soji Adagunodo.
– This comes on the heels of Portable’s support for the incumbent Governor, Gov Oyetola.