– After a solid Serie A campaign this term, the Super Eagles forward has been rewarded with one of the most coveted awards in the league.
– Victor Osimhen has been voted the best U-23 player in the Serie A this season, after scoring 14 goals and 5 assists in 26 appearances and helping Napoli seal a return to top flight European football. Osimhen also won seven penalties and took none of them.
– Osimhen was in a rich group of winners which had some of the league’s finest performers in different positions.
- Advertisement -
Also Read: Osimhen braces Napoli past Udinese
– AC Milan’s French goalkeeper, Mike Maignan won the Goalkeeper of the Year award.
– Maignan conceded 31 goals and kept 16 clean sheets for AC Milan.
– Torino defender, Gleison Breimer was voted the best defender of the year.
– Inter Milan’s Marcelo Brozovic was voted the best midfielder of the season in the Italian top flight while Ciro Immobile’s 27 goals in 37 games was enough to win the best attacker of the year.
Well done, Victor! 💪
— Official SSC Napoli (@en_sscnapoli) May 20, 2022
– Osimhen was described in a tweet on the Lega Serie A’s page as “Goals, goals, goals. A young striker with the experience of a veteran.”
— Lega Serie A (@SerieA_EN) May 20, 2022
– He had also been voted the player of the month for March.