– Napoli opened a four-point lead over Juventus in the race for third place in Serie A after Fabian Ruiz’s second-half goal helped them win 1-0 at Torino on Saturday.
– With two matches left, Napoli are third on 73 points, ahead of fourth-placed Juventus, whose chances of winning the title ended after Friday’s 2-1 shock defeat at relegation-threatened Genoa. Torino are tenth on 47 points.
– After a dispiriting first half in which Napoli struggled to finish off their chances, central midfielder Ruiz found the breakthrough, firing in a low effort in the 73rd minute.
- Advertisement -
– Ruiz took advantage of Tommaso Pobega’s blunder and got past two defenders before finding the net as Luciano Spalletti’s side recovered from Lorenzo Insigne missing a penalty on the hour mark.
– Torino’s best chance to score came in the first half when striker Andrea Belotti attempted a back-flicked header, but Napoli goalkeeper David Ospina dived at full stretch to make a brilliant save.