– Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed his side will be without midfielder Fabinho for Saturday’s FA Cup final against Chelsea.
– The Brazilian came off with a hamstring injury in Tuesday’s win at Aston Villa.
– Fabinho will also miss the final two league games of the season, but Klopp hopes he will be fit in time for the Champions League final on 28 May.
– “We can cope,” Klopp said, when asked how the 28-year-old’s absence would impact Liverpool’s title hopes.
– “We have to. Having him or not having him is a difference but it is all fine. That’s normal stuff that happens. It’s never in a position where you have 12 options, it’s always in a position where you don’t.”
– Klopp added: “There’s a good chance that he will be available for the Champions League final.”
– Jordan Henderson came off the bench to replace Fabinho in the comeback victory at Villa Park and Klopp hinted that Henderson will retain the defensive midfield position at Wembley.
– “Hendo came on and played incredible. He has played super games this season at number six, so that is not a problem.”
– A vital cog in the Liverpool machine, the Reds will be without Fabinho for the Premier League games against Southampton and Wolves as they hope for a Manchester City slip-up.
– Liverpool are second, three points behind defending champions City and with a significantly inferior goal difference with two games remaining.