– The United States and Mexico secured their place at this year’s World Cup finals in Qatar after securing the results needed to claim the last two Concacaf automatic qualifying places.
– The USA lost 2-0 to Costa Rica, who had to win by at least six goals to take third spot from Gregg Berhalter’s side.
– Wolves striker Raul Jiminez was on the scoresheet as Mexico eased past El Salvador 2-0 to finish second.
Also Read: Canada head for World Cup 36 years after
– Canada lost 1-0 to Panama but had already secured top spot in qualifying.
– Having finished fourth in the standings, Costa Rica will now face New Zealand in a play-off in June for a place at the World Cup, which gets under way on 21 November. The draw for the finals is on Friday in Doha.