Ronaldo injury not serious – Rangnick

Phenomenal
Phenomenal

Mueez Ajao

– Cristiano Ronaldo missed Manchester United’s 1-0 FA Cup third round win over Aston Villa with muscular problems but manager Ralf Rangnick said on Monday it was nothing too serious.

– Ronaldo, along with Jadon Sancho, Harry Maguire and Phil Jones, were all missing from the side that lost to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League last week.

– Maguire and Jones were also injured but should be back for the league clash away to Villa on Saturday.

Also Read: Disjointed Man U replace Arsenal in jest ring as Wolves take them back to 1980

– On Ronaldo’s absence, Rangnick said: “I spoke with Cristiano yesterday before training, he told me that he’s had some problems for the last couple of days.

– “Minor problems, but in the end, we decided that it made more sense to not take any risks in a game that could easily last 120 minutes, so we just decided to rest him.

– “He had some problems with his hip, with his hip muscle. I don’t think it’s anything serious.”

Share this Article