– A dramatic equaliser from Zenit St Petersburg four minutes into added time meant holders Chelsea failed to top their Champions League group.
– Substitute Magomed Ozdoev scored a stunning half-volley from the edge of the box after Chelsea had come from behind to lead 3-2 with minutes left.
– Timo Werner scored in both halves and also set up Romelu Lukaku after Zenit had come from 1-0 down to lead 2-1.
Also Read: Leaders Chelsea hammered down by West Ham
– But Ozdoev’s strike meant Chelsea finish behind Juventus, who beat Malmo.
– Thomas Tuchel’s side – whose only defeat of the group stages came in Turin when they lost 1-0 to Juventus – made the perfect start, Werner reacting to poke in the opener within three minutes.
– Two goals in quick succession from Claudinho and Sardar Azmoun saw Zenit go in front at the break, before Werner’s one-two with Ross Barkley helped tee up Lukaku for Chelsea’s second.
– Werner, who was a threat for Chelsea throughout, showed composure to make it 3-2 when substitute Christian Pulisic played him in with five minutes remaining.
– But Ozdoev’s stunning stoppage-time strike ensured Juventus topped Group H, while Zenit finished in third and will go into the Europa League play-offs in February.