– A stunning goal from winger Lucas Moura helped Tottenham Hotspur to a 3-0 home win over Norwich City on Sunday.
– Moura fired Spurs into an early lead when he skipped past Norwich midfielder Billy Gilmour, played a nice one-two with teammate with Son Heung-Min and then produced a fierce strike from outside the box into the top left corner.
– Victory lifted Spurs into fifth place with 25 points from 14 matches, 10 points off the top of the table but with a game in hand, as new manager Antonio Conte continued to make an impact.
– Norwich dominated possession but could not break Conte’s well-drilled defence, with Spurs bright on the counterattack.
– Striker Teemu Pukki coming close to snatching Norwich a third-minute lead but hit his shot straight at Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris before Moura opened the scoring on 10 minutes with his laser strike. They were also well-placed to equalise soon after halftime, but Adam Idah spurned a close-range chance with the goal at his mercy after Pukki had miscued an initial effort.
– Defender Davinson Sanchez doubled Spurs’ deep in the second hald, striking home from close-range after the ball fell to him following a corner. Son sealed a comfortable victory shortly after, slotting home from a layoff from defender Ben Davies.
– Defeat for Norwich was the first since Dean Smith took over as manager and left them bottom of the table.