Philippines orders COVID jabs for workers in areas with enough supply

Phenomenal
Phenomenal
S/Africa loses 375 mine workers due to COVID-19
COVID-19

The Philippine government on Friday made COVID-19 jabs mandatory for workers in areas where there is a sufficient supply of vaccines, as the country received more doses.
The order, approved by a national task force on COVID-19, covers employees in both the public and private sector and will take effect on December 1, presidential spokesman Harry Roque said.
“In areas where there are sufficient supplies of COVID-19 vaccines, COVID-19 vaccination of eligible employees tasked to do on-site work shall be required by all establishments and employers in the public and private sector,’’ he said in a statement.
Eligible employees who refuse vaccination may not be terminated, but will be required to undergo regular testing at their own expense, he said.
“Public transportation services in the road, rail, maritime, and aviation sectors shall likewise require all their eligible workers to be fully vaccinated as a condition to continue their operations,’’ Roque added.
Public and private establishments, except those involved in health care and other front-line services, may refuse entry or deny service to individuals who were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated even if they are eligible to get the jabs, he added.
Those who are ineligible for vaccination can present a medical certificate or birth certificate as proof.
The effort to ramp up vaccination rates in the country came as Coronavirus restrictions were eased in a bid to boost economic activity ahead of the Christmas holidays.
The country has so far received 121 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines since February, and more than 28 per cent of the country’s population has so far been fully vaccinated.

TAGGED:
Share this Article