– Manchester City progressed to the last 16 of the Champions League as group winners by coming from behind to beat Paris St-Germain at Etihad Stadium.
– After dominating the first half, City conceded in the 50th minute when Kylian Mbappe converted Lionel Messi’s cross.
– But Raheem Sterling poked in a 63rd-minute equaliser and Gabriel Jesus finished a fine team move 13 minutes later to seal a much deserved win.
– The result means all four English clubs have sealed progression to the last 16.
– PSG, whose build-up was dominated by reports that their manager Mauricio Pochettino could join Manchester United, are also through because of results elsewhere in the group.
– Neymar, the third member of the Parisians’ fearsome front three alongside Messi and Mbappe, had a golden chance to score moments before Jesus’ winner but put his effort wide as City goalkeeper Ederson rushed out.