Actor-turned-lawmaker, Desmond Elliot, has reacted to the report by the Lagos State #ENDSARS panel of inquiry that says there was a massacre at the Lekki Toll Gate in October last year.
It said soldiers shot youths protesting agisnt police brutality, killing about 11 while injuring others.
It said the action could be likened to a massacre.
Elliot had earned the anger of many last year when he described the protesters in derogative terms.
But reacting to the report on Monday, he said he had always known that there was a calamity.
He said on a TVC programme:
”I read it and it was very heartbreaking. Heartwrenching. I knew there was a calamity, chaos. Except you are not Nigerian or you are not human. You would feel for everybody. I have always said something. When MKO died and the government of the day denied and denied, it took this government to come and say you know what, we have wronged you. This is the truth and they actually gave democracy day.
“We have always said the truth comes out. There is no how you would try to hide it, the truth would come out.
“But I now looked at it from another angle. Is it possible that this government didn’t know what was going to come out? Of course they did but the government of today, I am talking of the state government, I want to believe knew what was going to come out.
“There is going to be an official statement so let me not jump the gun because I am also in office. But the fact that it even came out and even saw the light of day…”