– Ronaldo scores again but United beaten late in the Champions League group opener.
– Cristiano Ronaldo gave the visitors the lead in Bern but the Premier League outfit slumped to a shock 2-1 defeat after Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s dismissal.
– Despite playing with 10 men 55 minutes, it looked like a solid defensive display would see United come away with a point.
– But a late error from Jesse Lingard allowed Jordan Pefok to slot home the winner with the final kick of the game.
– Man Utd had been heavy favourites heading into the game, and made the perfect start as Ronaldo – who went level with Iker Casillas on all-time Champions League appearances (177) – slotted through David Von Ballmoos’ legs inside 13 minutes.
– United’s Champions League campaign starts with a shock, then, while Young Boys will celebrate a famous victory. The hard work for United begins now.