– After Kimmich, Goretzka also extends Bayern contract.
– Since joining Bayern from Schalke three years ago, Goretzka, 26, has forged a midfield partnership with Kimmich for Germany and Bayern, winning three back-to-back Bundesliga titles and the Champions League in 2020.
– Goretzka has scored 25 goals in 118 games for Bayern and wants more success with Munich, who are chasing a tenth consecutive Bundesliga title.
– “With FC Bayern, we have won everything there is to win in the last three years, but even nicer than winning titles is to repeat these successes,” he said.
– “We want to build on that in the next few years.
– “The team, the club and the environment are not only highly professional, but also familiar.
– “I am very happy to extend my contract early until 2026.”
– The resigning of Kimmich and Goretzka means Bayern have locked in most of the stars for the coming seasons.
– Captain Manuel Neuer, Thomas Mueller, Robert Lewandowski, Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman are all tied up until 2023.
– France defenders Benjamin Pavard and Lucas Hernandez have contracts until 2024, while Leroy Sane and Alphonso Davies have deals until 2025, while Jamal Musiala, 18, is committed until 2026.
– At the end of the season, France midfielder Corentin Tolisso and Germany defender Niklas Suele are out of contract.