– Bayern Humiliates Barca at Camp Nou
– Bayern Munich defeated Barcelona 3-0 thanks to a goal from Thomas Muller and a brace from Robert Lewandowski to open up Champions League group-stage action on Tuesday.
– The game at Camp Nou pitted the two European giants for the first time since a quarterfinal matchup in 2020, which saw Bayern thrash Barca 8-2 in Lisbon.
– The hosts were throughly dominated by the German visitors throughout the evening, with the Catalan side failing to record a single shot on target until the 65th minute of the match.
– Muller opened up the scoring in the 34th minute with a right-footed shot off an assist by Leroy Sane.
– Lewandowski then doubled the lead in the 56th minute off a rebound in front of Barca’s net, then sealed the victory with a close-range effort in the 78th minute.
– It is Barcelona’s seventh defeat to Bayern in Champions League play, the most losses to any single opponent in the competition.