– Lionel Messi overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo with most liked sports photo on Instagram.
– An Instagram photo of Lionel Messi holding the Copa America trophy following Argentina’s win over Brazil has become the most liked sports photo on the social media platform, surpassing a record 20 million likes.
– Messi celebrated winning his first major title with Argentina as the Albiceleste lifted the Copa America after a 1-0 win over Brazil at the Maracana stadium.
– Messi posted the picture with the caption: “What a beautiful madness! This is unbelievable! Thank you, God! We are the champions!”
– The post broke the previous record 19.8m likes which was held by Cristiano Ronaldo after he paid tribute to Diego Maradona following his death.
– Ronaldo shared a black and white photograph of himself with Maradona and wrote: “Today I’m saying goodbye to a friend and the world is saying goodbye to an eternal genius. One of the best of all-time. An unparalleled magician. He leaves too soon, but he leaves a legacy without limits and an emptiness that will never be filled. Rest in peace, ace. You will never be forgotten.”
– The Argentina captain is expected to sign a new contract with Barcelona soon.