Militants kill 3 in separate Afghan attacks

Phenomenal
Phenomenal
At least 15 dead in Afghanistan as Taliban announces Eid ceasefire
Afghanistan

Three people were killed and three others wounded in three separate attacks by militants in Afghanistan on Monday, authorities said.

In eastern Ghazni province, the attackers opened fire on two provincial revenue directorate workers and killed them in Police District 2 of the provincial capital Ghazni city at about 8 a.m. local time.

Ahmad Khan Sirat, provincial police spokesman, told Xinhua that the customs workers were on their way to the office and were killed by “terrorists” equipped with silencer weapons.

In neighbouring Khost province, an improvised bomb targeted the vehicle of Sayyed Asghar Akakhil, a provincial council member, on the outskirts of the provincial capital Khost city.

The attack killed one security guard, wounded Akakhil and a security guard, the chairman of the council, Rahis Kafel Rayhan, told Xinhua.

Earlier on Monday, a driver of the Ministry of Defence was wounded after an improvised bomb hit a ministry’s vehicle in Police District 4 of the national capital Kabul, police said.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Last week, Yousuf Rashid, chairman of Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan, an independent election monitoring agency, was killed, while a female activist and her brother were also killed.

TAGGED:
Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *