I still don’t know who ordered military to Lekki – Sanwo-Olu

Phenomenal
Phenomenal
Lagos approves daily opening of markets
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has reitrated that he is not the one who ordered those who opened fire on ENDSARS protesters at Lekki.

Many were stunned on Tuesday evening when operatives believed to be soldiers attacked the youths, with many injured while some fatalities were also said to have been recorded.

A lot of people have argued that Sanwo-Olu ordered the military to the scene, since they went there at the beginning of a curfew he had earlier declared.

He has, however, restated his that he is not the one behind the order.

Speaking on ‘Arise Television’ during a ongoing programme on Thursday, he said he did not know who gave the order, and that investigation was still on.

Many have also observed that the military is not under governors while they have little or no control over the police too.

The Federal Government, especially President Muhammadu Buhari, has, however, largely maintained silence over the matter despite widespread anguish greeting the carnage.

A

Sanwo-Olu with a victim of the Lekki shooting
Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *