FG did not invite us to meeting on resumption – Private schools proprietors association

Phenomenal
Phenomenal
Otubela

Lasun Alagbe

National President of the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools Nigeria (NAPPS), Chief Yomi Otubela, has said that the Federal Government has not invited the school owners to a meeting said to be scheduled for Monday.

The meeting, said to be holding between parents and the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, borders on school resumption, especially as it pertains to Nigerian candidates of the 2020 the West African Secondary School Certificate Examination.

The meeting is as a result of the minister’s decision to cancel the August 4 resumption and participation in the exam.

Speaking on ‘Your View’ on ‘TVC’ on Monday, Otubela said NAPPS had not received any invitation.

The association’s stand, he said, was however that the schools were ready to field the candidates for the exam.

He said all the guidelines agreed upon had been met and thus wondered why government had to cancel the resumption.

Otubela urged the authorities to allow the candidates to be part of the exam as he warned that some parents had already started moving their children and wards to neighboring countries.

Meanwhile, watch this poetic tribute to Professor Wole Soyinka, who turns 86 today. Subscribe to Akeem Lasisi & the Songbirds for more:

Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *