BREAKING: JAMB releases cut-off marks

As far as the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is concerned, admission process continues.

As a result, it has announced 160 as the minimum cut-off mark for universities across the country in the 2020 admission session.

The board’s registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, made the announcement on Tuesday, after the 20th policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions. The cut-off mark for polytechnics was pegged at 120, while that of Colleges of Education remains at 100 and above.

Oloyede said that 612,557 candidates were offered admission in the 2019 edition of the exam but 510,957 admission spaces remained unused by the institutions. He added that only 1,157,977 candidates who had the required five credits with English and Mathematics, sat for its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) last year.

JAMB
JAMB

Meanwhile, Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has directed JAMB and tertiary institutions to proceed with the conduct of their 2020/2021 admissions which will commence in August.

“As major stakeholders, we must jointly come up with reactions that would realign our programmes to these new realities.

“JAMB and tertiary institutions could take advantage of the current situation, consider candidates with previous years SSCE and other qualifying results, to proceed on with the admission process.

“Whatever arrangement that the country comes up with in the long run will surely accommodate those who will be taking the examination when the opportunity to do so is worked out,” Adamu said on Tuesday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here