Coronavirus has claimed the life of another prominent Nigerian – Dan Foster.
The seasoned broadcaster was said to have passed on on Wednesday, about two days after the pandemic killed Senator Adebayo Osinowo.
It had also claimed the life of former Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, while some prominent people from Kano State ave also died from its complications.
Ebulliently-voiced Foster was born by the name Daniel Foster in Washington, D.C. He was a Nigeria-based American radio presenter, DJ and radio producer. The respected organisation, City People Awards known for recognising outstanding individuals, has recognised him as one of the outstanding individuals who have touched the lives of citizens in the community. There is no doubt that the versatile radio presenter has paved the way for many radio personalities in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Here are the ten things you need to know about him, as highlighted by ‘YouthVillage’:
1. Dan Foster was born by the name Daniel Foster in Washington, D.C.
2. He joined the Marines and attended Morgan State University where he studied broadcasting and drama.
3. He was married to Lovina Foster and they are blessed with 3 beautiful children; Joshua, Danielle and Somtochukwu.
4. He had worked with a number of radio stations both local and internationally, including Cathy Hughes Radio One, Virgin Island and Mix 106.5 FM.
5. When he moved to Nigeria in the year 2000, he joined Cool FM and quickly became popular with the Nigerian listeners.
6. He starred in the 2001 Nollywood movie titled “Face of a Liar”.
7. He won the 2003, 2004 and 2005 Nigeria Media Merit Awards for Best Radio Personality.
8. He was the director and creator of the “Cool FM Praise Jam” concert which took place in 2004.
9. He was awarded with the 2004 and 2005 Media Person of the Year award by the City People Awards.
10. He was a judge on the 2007 “Idols West Africa” alongside Dede Mabiaku and Abrewa Nana and he is currently a judge on “Nigeria’s Got Talent” alongside Kate Henshaw and Yibo Koko.